Thursday, July 30, 2009

Red Sox vs. Oakland A's - Fenway Park

Thought I'd post a non work related event for a change.....

Since my parents were visiting for the week, my friend Chris (in the red shirt) and I decided it would be fun to take my dad to a Red Sox game at Fenway Park. He had never been to a Sox game so it was great fun showing him around the historic ballpark.... including Yawkey Way and Lansdowne St. :-)

The weather forecast was pretty ominous earlier in the day with heavy rain and thunderstorms predicted, but in the end, we had a beautiful summer night with no rain, temps in the upper 70's and a nice breeze. A perfect night for summer baseball!! We sat in the center field bleacher section....great spot.

Also, not wanting to carry around a bulkier Canon 5D and a wide angle L lens all evening, I opted for the simpler route and brought my wife's Canon Powershot point & shoot.... ;-') It did a great job on the two panoramas I took.... both are 6-8 shot panos offering a 160° to 180° view from our seats.

Go Sox!!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment