Saturday, August 21, 2010

Air Force One

I thought I'd share some photos I took today of Air Force One parked on the tarmac at  Coast Guard Air Station Cape Cod (previously Otis AFB).  The jet brought President Obama to the Cape where he then boarded Marine One over to the Vineyard for one of the first family's summer vacations.

A friend of mine who is a Lieutenant Commander in the Navy was generous enough to get me into the base with him so I could take these images.  I photographed Air Force One last summer as it landed at the base but I was no where near as close as this... this time I was only around 100 yards from the aircraft.  The MP's at the base were also kind enough to let me take photos.... although they said "make it quick and don't linger too long"..... ;-)  There was a Secret Service guy in the black Suburban SUV checking us out but he left us alone...  

I hope you enjoy the photos of this beautiful aircraft.

Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment